NHS ATHLETICS IMPORTANT INFO & REMINDERS
FALL UNIFORMS DUE
- Please remember once Fall seasons end, all school issued uniforms and equipment must be returned. Please follow the directions given by coaches or bring them in to the *Athletic Office no later than one week after the conclusion of the season. Athletes who do not turn in uniforms or school issued equipment will not be eligible to begin participating in the Winter season until all items have been returned.
- *Athletes should bring uniforms to the Athletic Office and drop off in uniform bins (in a plastic bag marked with name, grade, sport, and level) located immediately behind the office door.
STUDENT-ATHLETE / PARENT FEEDBACK FORM
The NHS Athletic Department invites you to provide feedback on your experiences this past Fall season. We welcome your answers to the items included on the Form as well as to any additional comments and suggestions you would like to provide. The purpose of this Feedback Form is to help continue to improve our Athletic Programs and we thank you in advance for your feedback.
WINTER SEASON REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW through NOVEMBER 22nd
TRYOUTS/PRACTICES START: MONDAY, DECEMBER 2nd
Please submit the following documents to the Athletics Office by the end of the registration period (November 22):
- BLUE "WINTER 13-14" Registration Form (Includes medical information & State Mandated Concussion History Reporting - attached & available for pick-up in Athletics Office)
- Current Doctor's Physical (good for 13 months). NEW! If a physical expires during the season you MUST now submit a new physical on or before the expiration date in order remain eligible to continue participating.
ATHLETIC INFORMATION NIGHT II
- Wednesday, November 20th in the NHS Auditorium from 7:00-8:30pm. This night is REQUIRED for 9th & 11th graders playing a winter or spring sport who did not attend Info Night I in August.
- Includes State Mandated Concussion Management Seminar & Northeastern Sport in Society Presentation
- Northeastern Universityâ€™s Sport in Society will present on the role parents can play in helping to promote a positive experience for their children participating in high school athletics. The presentation will focus on the value of encouragement and setting realistic expectations for their childâ€™s athletic participation. Moreover, Sport in Society will discuss how important it is for athletes to balance academics and athletics and the role parents can play in supporting their students on the field and in the classroom.
ALL WINTER TEAM SCHEDULES ARE AVAILABLE ON www.schedulestar.com (Directions can be found on page 7 of the Student-Athlete Handbook)
**NOW AVAILABLE** NHS ATHLETIC REVERSIBLE PRACTICE JERSEYS
- $15.00 per jersey - Available for purchase at the Rocket Express (NHS School Store)
- Stickers will be handed out when winter athletic user fees are paid. Stickers must be placed on the back of Student ID's and brought to all events. Student-Athlete's displaying stickers will receive free admission to regular season home athletic events during the 2013-14 school year (some exclusions apply).
Needham HS Athletics is now on Facebook & Twitter!