Frequently Asked Questions

How is my student's progress monitored?

Any student at NHS may complete weekly progress reports.  You may also access Powerschool at various points during the term in order to check homework completion and grades.  If your son/daughter is on an IEP, you will receive progress reports at approximately the same time that report cards are distributed.  Additionally, if your son/daughter is on an IEP, you may request progress meetings at any point.

How do I refer my student for an evaluation?

If you are starting to have concerns about your student's progress, the first step would be to contact your child's School Counselor.  If you continue to feel that your student is showing signs of a learning issue, that is preventing them from making effective progress with mainstream curricular material, you should contact the Special Education Department to discuss your options at (781)455-0800 x 2131.

Does the school test for College Board? 

Yes and No.   Testing will not be completed solely for College Board standardized testing accommodations.  

However, testing completed as part of the Special Education eligibility process can be submitted to College Board. 
Students who are on an Individual Education Plan, a 504 Plan, or have documentation from a recognized professional outside the school system detailing their need for accommodations, may qualify for extended time on standardized tests such as the PSAT, SAT, AP, and Subject tests. These students need to see their School Counselor well before  the registration process. This process can take a significant amount of time so starting this process during grade 10 is best.  If a student is on an Individual Education Plan through Special Education, they need to see their Special Education liaison well in advance of the registration process.  Along with 
the regular registration form, learning disabled students need to submit an additional form which verifies their eligibility for extended time.  
My child is in special education, who should I call?

If you have a question about all your child's classes, call your Skills Center liaison.  If you have a question for one classroom teacher or subject, call that teacher.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.